So I’ve been playing with low carb keto meatball recipes and most of them are a little dense. Tonight I threw something together that I hadn’t even planned on blogging about, but they came out so good that I had to! It was so nonchalant that I even forgot to add an egg, which was a good thing because they didn’t need one! You’ll never need to miss bread or breadcrumbs again. These are the best keto meatballs – ever!
These were, by far, the moistest meatballs I’ve made on keto so far. The mozzarella really softens the whole joint up while adding flavor. From now on this is how I make meatballs! I served them with yellow and green squash noodles, made almost exactly (no lemon) the same way as they were in my lemon cream squash ribbon pasta. They were topped with Rozzano Marinara, which I found at BJ’s and only has 2 net carbs per serving.
Makes: 5 Large Meatballs
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes
Nutritional Facts (per meatball): 2g Net Carbs| 362 Calories | 23g Fat | 2g Carbs | 26g Protein | 0g Fiber
- 1 lb ground beef (or 1/2lb beef, 1/2lb pork … or … (1/2lb beef, 1/2lb pork, 1/2lb lamb)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp minced garlic (or paste)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Mix it all together in a bowl and roll these babies up into meatballs. I decided to make big ones, so it made about 5 large meatballs.
- You can cook them on the stove with some butter/oil/ghee but mine were pretty big so I browned them in an oven-safe pan and then put it in the oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes until they were cooked to 165 degrees F.
- When they were done, I added them to a pot of sauce I was cooking for a few minutes to let them soak in all the flavor, and lighten them up even more. Then I served them with some freshly sauteed zoodles and sauce.
This recipe first appeared on Wickedstuffed. You can read the original here