I love making pizza in my slow cooker. I have been doing it for a few years now and I am always looking for ways to improve upon the recipe. I recently came across a great recipe for a low carb pizza “crust” using cubed chicken. I was skeptical at first, but after trying it out myself, I knew I had to share it with everyone else. Give it a try, I think you’ll find that this keto friendly, slow cooker pizza will satisfy your cravings for pizza!
· 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts – chopped into chunks
· 2 cups (24 oz) pizza or pasta sauce
· 3 ounces mini turkey pepperoni
· 1 small onion, chopped
· 1 small green onion, chopped
· 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
· 1/2 teaspoon oregano
· 1/2 teaspoon parsley
· salt and pepper, to taste
· Shredded cheese
1. Spray your slow cooker with non-stick spray. Place the chicken in the bottom, followed by the vegetables and sauce. Sprinkle in the oregano, parsley, salt and pepper and stir everything to combine.
2. Cover and cook on LOW 6-8 hours or HIGH 4-6 hours – until chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle cheese on during the last 20 minutes and let it melt. (You can also leave the cheese off and add it at the table).