Whether or not turkey chili is keto-friendly depends on the specific recipe and ingredients used. Generally speaking, chili can be keto-friendly if it is made with low-carb ingredients, such as ground turkey, vegetables like peppers and onions, tomatoes, and spices.
In terms of taste, turkey chili can be delicious and satisfying, especially when made with a variety of flavorful spices and ingredients. It is a great option for those who are following a keto diet and looking for a warm and filling meal.
1.5 teaspoon olive oil
1 lb ground turkey
1 onion, chopped
2 cups chicken broth/beef broth/water
1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
1 (16 oz) can kidney beans, drained, rinsed (can choose black beans if preferred)
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Tip: Add in different chopped veggies for more nutrition and flavor such as carrots, peppers and spinach!
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Sautee onion and garlic until soft.
3. Place turkey in the pot and cook until evenly brown.
4. Pour broth or water into the pot. Mix in tomatoes, kidney beans and garlic. Season with chili powder, paprika, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Serve and Enjoy!
Yields: 6-8 servings
This recipe originally appeared on iowaweightloss.com