Sheet Pan Chili Lime Salmon! Never knew flavor like THIS before! This is a recipe that’s been on my long list of things to make. Not only was this fast and easy to make, the flavors in this salmon are incredible. With a base of lime juice, a hint of cumin and garlic, and the subtleness of red chili flakes, this is one salmon recipe that you will love.
Sheet Pan Chili Lime Salmon
Yields: 4 servings
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice (or juice of 2 limes)
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or 4 crushed garlic cloves)
- 1 ½ teaspoons red chili flakes (adjust to your preference of spice)
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 salmon fillets (wild caught if possible)
- 3 bell peppers (red, green, yellow), deseeded and chopped
- 1 onion , cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to grill/broil settings on high heat. Spray a baking sheet tray with cooking oil spray; set aside.
- Whisk lime juice, parsley, olive oil, water, garlic, chili flakes, cumin, salt and parsley together to combine. Add the honey and whisk again until the honey runs smooth through the rest of the ingredients.
- Arrange the salmon fillets, peppers and onion in a single layer on the prepared baking tray; and pour over half of the marinade. Toss peppers and onion to coat; and rotate the salmon to coat in the marinade.
- Broil/grill until the peppers are just beginning to char at the edges (about 10 minutes) and the salmon is cooked to your liking (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with lime wedges and remaining marinade for added flavor. (If the peppers are not done to your liking, simply transfer the salmon to a plate and return peppers to the oven until roasted to your liking).
This recipe originally appeared on iowaweightloss.com