If you want a spin on a classic Fall dessert and want to create a special treat for you and your guests, then you’ve got to try this pumpkin pie cheesecake recipe.
Rich, smooth and bursting with flavors of pumpkin, cream and Fall spices, this recipe is sure to be a hit. Also, this recipe uses all natural ingredients and is full of good fats. I can’t wait for you to indulge in this creamy and decadent pumpkin dessert recipe!
Almond flour: Low in saturated fatty acids, rich in unsaturated fatty acids, and containing filling fiber, almonds are one of the top nuts. They also feature unique and protective phytosterol antioxidants as well as plant protein.
Pumpkin: Did you know that pumpkins are technically fruits? It’s true, as fruits are edible products of seed-bearing, flowering plants. This “fruit” is high in fiber, low in calories, and full of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, copper and manganese.
Goat cheese: One of the healthiest cheeses and very workable in recipes. Nutrition benefits of goat cheese include good levels of calcium, healthy fats, probiotics, phosphorus, copper, protein, B vitamins and iron.
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix the almond flour, crushed almonds, coconut sugar, baking soda and cinnamon together in a bowl.
Melt the butter and stir into the flour mixture until it’s even. Pour almond mixture into a 10-inch springform pan and press firmly into the bottom. This will make one of the great gluten-free crusts that you can use for other pies, by the way.
Bake until crust is set, about 10 minutes.
In a separate bowl, beat together goat cheese and the second quantity of coconut sugar. Add in cream cheese (you can go with a vegan cream cheese or goat cream cheese if you’ve avoiding cow-based dairy) and beat for one minute. Add remaining ingredients and beat until mixture is very smooth, about 2 more minutes.
Transfer the batter to prepared pan and bake on a rack positioned in middle of oven for about 1 hour, 15 minutes or until cake is set.
Allow it to cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4–5 hours before serving.
Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Recipe
Total Time: 43 minute
Yield: 12 1x
Diet: Gluten Free
You’ve tried pumpkin pie and cheesecake, but what about pumpkin pie cheesecake? It’s a sublime flavor that comes together beautifully with these ingredients and is sure to be a hit with your loved ones.
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup almonds, crushed
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 10 inch springform pan
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 ounces chèvre goat cheese
- 1½ cups coconut sugar
- 16 ounces organic cream cheese
- 1¼ cup pumpkin
- ¾ cup organic goat’s milk yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix almond flour, crushed almonds, ¼ cup coconut sugar, baking soda and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Stir in butter until almond mixture is even. Pour almond mixture into a 10-inch springform pan and press firmly into the bottom.
- Bake until crust is set, about 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, beat together goat cheese and 1½ cups coconut sugar.
- Add in cream cheese and beat for 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients and beat until mixture is very smooth, about 2 more minutes.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake on a rack positioned in middle of oven for about 1 hour, 15 minutes or until cake is set.
- Allow it to cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4–5 hours.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 25 min
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice (142g)
- Calories: 476
- Sugar: 32g
- Sodium: 383mg
- Fat: 31.8g
- Saturated Fat: 14.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 15.2g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 35.9g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 14.2g
- Cholesterol: 96mg
This recipe originally appeared on draxe.com