This low carb cinnamon donut bites recipe makes delicious donut balls that are perfect for deserts or when you crave a sweet treat. Made from a low-carb mix of ingredients, including almond flour, pea protein, and sour cream, they are keto-friendly and taste amazing. They are also much healthier than traditional donuts as they are baked instead of fried in saturated fat.
We love the simplicity of this donut recipe. You start by mixing all the ingredients up in a bowl and then roll them up into small balls. The donuts can then be baked for 6-minutes before taking them out of the oven and left to cool down. Once they’ve cooled down a little, the cooked balls of dough can be dipped in melted butter and then rolled in a sweet mixture of ground cinnamon and erythritol.
Once the donuts are ready, you can serve them up by themselves or with some fruit slices on the side. They’re great for dessert as they can be whipped up beforehand and baked for a few minutes when you’re ready. We also love them as a sweet snack to get you through to your next meal. Next time you want to whip up a sweet treat or a simple, yet delicious dessert, give this recipe a go.
Yields 12 servings of Low Carb Cinnamon Donut Bites
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup pea protein
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup erythritol
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon powdered erythritol
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together all of the ingredients for the donut holes. The dough should be a bit sticky to form into balls.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and roll the balls with clean hands into small balls. Line the parchment paper with them evenly spaced apart.
4. Bake in the oven for 6 minutes. In the meantime, combine the ingredients in a bowl for the cinnamon sugar coating.
5. When the donut holes are room temp, roll them in the cinnamon sugar coating evenly.
6. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 12 servings of Low Carb Cinnamon Donut Bites. Each serving comes out to be 172 calories, 16.7g fat, 1.3g net carbs, and 3.8g protein.
|1.00 cup almond flour||648||56||24.6||14.6||10.1||23.5|
|1.25 teaspoon baking powder||3||0||1.6||0.0||1.6||0|
|1.00 teaspoon ground cinnamon||6||0||2.1||1.4||0.7||0.1|
|0.50 cup butter||814||92.1||0.1||0||0.1||1|
|2.00 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk||4||0.3||0.2||0.1||0.1||0.2|
|0.25 cup pea protein||85||0.4||1.5||0.8||0.8||18.9|
|1.00 teaspoon xanthan gum||16||0||3.7||3.7||0||0|
|0.50 teaspoon salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2.00 tablespoon sour cream||57||5.6||1.3||0||1.3||0.7|
|0.25 cup butter||407||46||0||0||0||0.5|
|0.33 cup erythritol||13||0||0||0||0||0|
|2.00 teaspoon ground cinnamon||13||0.1||4.2||2.8||1.4||0.2|
|3.00 tablespoon powdered erythritol||1||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/12)||172||16.7||3.3||1.9||1.3||3.8|
The recipe Low Carb Cinnamon Donut Bites appeared first on Ruled Me.