This Keto Tuna Stuffed Zucchini recipe makes ‘boats’ out of zucchini sliced into halves and fills them with a tuna & salsa mix that’s packed with protein and flavor. They’re a super healthy meal that’s also quick and easy—perfect for throwing together at short notice or preparing in advance and storing in the fridge. The fresh and tangy flavor of zucchini blends wonderfully with the savory and spiced Mexican-inspired tastes of the tuna filling, topped off beautifully with some fresh herbs and diced avocado.
Zucchini is a well-loved staple of the keto diet, rich in multiple antioxidants and important nutrients while also boasting low calories, fat, and sugar. It’s also very versatile—it can be fried, baked, diced, and turned into noodles—and not to mention tender and delicious. This recipe will have you slice your zucchinis in half and scoop out their centers, making them ready for the rich tuna and salsa filling.
Tuna is a nutrition powerhouse. Full to the brim with protein, Vitamins B12 and D, and Omega-3 fatty acids, tuna has the potential to lower your risk of heart disease, prevent vision problems, reduce cancer risk, and assist in weight loss. Combined with salsa and diced pepper, this tuna mix will make for an explosion of nutrition and flavor.
After 15-20 minutes in the oven, your zucchini boats will be beautifully tender and ready to go. Don’t have enough time to cook tomorrow evening? Prep your zucchini and tuna separately the night before, then throw them in the oven for a quick and delicious meal, even when you’re tired. Top with diced avocado, red onion, and cilantro for the perfect fresh finish to this savory masterpiece, and serve!
Yields 2 servings of Keto Tuna Stuffed Zucchini
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 8 ounce canned tuna
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoon red onion, minced
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Rub avocado oil on a baking sheet.
3. In a frying pan over medium heat, add the avocado oil. Add in the pepper, canned tuna (drain most of the water out of the tuna), and salsa. Stir to combine well.
4. Chop the ends of the zucchini off and discard. Cut lengthwise and core out the inside of the zucchini. Place the zucchini onto the baking sheet.
5. Spoon the tuna salsa mixture into the zucchinis evenly.
6. Spoon the tuna salsa mixture into the zucchinis evenly.
7. Spoon the tuna salsa mixture into the zucchinis evenly.
8. Spoon the tuna salsa mixture into the zucchinis evenly.
This makes a total of 2 servings of Keto Tuna Stuffed Zucchini. Each serving comes out to be 461 calories, 29.4g fat, 10g net carbs, and 31.4g protein.
|2.00 tablespoon olive oil||239||27||0||0||0||0|
|0.50 medium red bell pepper||18||0.2||3.5||1.2||2.3||0.6|
|8.00 ounce canned tuna||290||6.7||0||0||0||53.6|
|0.50 cup salsa||40||0||8||4||4||0|
|2.00 medium zucchini||65||2||11.7||4.3||7.3||5.0|
|0.25 teaspoon cumin||2||0.1||0.2||0.1||0.2||0.1|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 small avocado||251||23.1||13||10.2||2.8||2.9|
|0.25 cup fresh cilantro||1||0||0.2||0.1||0||0.1|
|3.00 tablespoon red onion||13||0.1||3.1||0.4||2.6||0.4|
|2.00 teaspoon lime juice||3||0||0.9||0||0.8||0|
|Per Serving (/2)||461||29.4||20.2||10.2||10||31.4|
The recipe Keto Tuna Stuffed Zucchini appeared first on Ruled Me.