With a few simple changes, you can take famous desserts like rice pudding and make them keto-friendly without losing any of the flavors. This low-carb rice pudding recipe is easy to make and tastes amazing. It can be whipped up for dessert or enjoyed as a snack during the day when you need a pick me up.
The low carb count in this recipe is achieved by the use of shirataki rice, which is very low in calories. The traditional sugars are also removed and replaced with keto-friendly erythritol. This means you can sit back and enjoy this rice pudding recipe guilt-free.
Making this delicious pudding is super simple. You start by cooking the shirataki rice followed by heating the nut milk and cream and adding in egg yolks and xanthan gum to create your custard. Once both components are completed, they are combined, and the rice pudding can be served. Simple as that.
This recipe is easy to customize. For example, if you want to remove the almond milk, you can replace it with coconut milk or you could replace the cinnamon with another spice. The choice is yours. Whatever way you decide to make this keto-friendly rice pudding recipe, we’re sure the whole family will love it!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Rice Pudding
- 200 gram shirataki rice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 4 large egg yolk
- 1/4 cup erythritol
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients.
2. In a saucepan, make the shirataki rice by adding in the water and the rice. Boil for 3 minutes then strain. Set aside.
3. In a saucepan over medium heat, add in the almond milk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. Let sit until the mixture is very hot.
4. In a bowl, whisk together egg yolks, erythritol, and xanthan gum. Whisk until combined well.
5. Taking a very small amount at a time, add the milky mixture to the egg yolk mixture and whisk together well. Whisk every time you add some more milk mixture.
6. After the two mixtures are combined well together, add everything back into the saucepan and heat it up over medium heat. Stir regularly until it gets creamy and thick. Stir in the shirataki rice and mix to combine well.
7. Serve it in bowls and garnish with cinnamon. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Rice Pudding. Each serving comes out to be 275 calories, 26.3g fat, 2.5g net carbs, and 4.5g protein.
|200.00 gram shirataki rice||18||0||5.4||5.4||0||0|
|0.50 cup unsweetened almond milk||14||1.3||0.6||0.4||0.2||0.6|
|1.00 cup heavy cream||809||85.7||6.4||0||6.4||6.7|
|1.00 teaspoon vanilla extract||12||0||0.6||0||0.6||0|
|1.00 teaspoon xanthan gum||16||0||3.7||3.7||0||0|
|4.00 large egg yolk||219||18.1||2.4||0||2.4||10.8|
|0.25 cup erythritol||10||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.50 teaspoon ground cinnamon||3||0||1.1||1||0.4||0.1|
|Per Serving (/4)||275||26.3||5.1||2.5||2.5||4.5|