Everyone loves a piping hot bowl of soup. A great bowl of soup is perfect for lunch or dinner—especially on a cold day when you feel like some comfort food that warms you up.
This instant pot Tuscan soup is sure to become one of your new favorites. It contains lots of protein from the Italian sausage, rich and silky cream, and tasty parmesan cheese. It’s also got lots of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants in the kale, onions, and tomatoes to complement the meat and dairy.
Best of all, this one-pot soup can be whipped up quickly, and you’ll probably have most of the ingredients in your fridge and pantry already. Making this soup involves browning the sausage, then adding in the garlic, onions, and other herbs and spices until the garlic becomes translucent. Once the other vegetables are added, simply simmer them away until it’s complete. Easy as that.
When serving up this Italian-inspired bowl of goodness, don’t forget to sprinkle some fresh parsley on top. If you end up with any leftovers, this soup can be put in the freezer and pulled out and reheated whenever you feel like it. So, go ahead, make a big pot today, you won’t be disappointed.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Instant Pot Tuscan Soup
- 16 ounce hot Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained + chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cup chicken broth
- 6 ounce kale, stripped + chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients.
2. Set the Instant Pot to sautee mode. Place in the hot Italian sausage. Break up the sausages with a spoon. Let this cook for about 3 – 6 minutes.
3. Add in the onion, garlic, and oregano. Stir to combine well for about 3 minutes.
4. Add in the chicken broth, sun-dried tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine well.
5. On the Instant Pot, select manual, change pressure to high, and set timer for 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes is up, do a quick release.
6. Turn back to saute mode, and add in the kale. Stir this until it starts to look wilty.
7. Add in the heavy cream and stir to combine well.
8. Garnish with grated parmesan and fresh parsley. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Instant Pot Tuscan Soup. Each serving comes out to be 508 calories, 40.2g fat, 10.2g net carbs, and 26g protein.
|16.00 ounce hot italian sausage||1089||84.7||6||0||6||72.6|
|1.00 medium onion||38||0.1||8.8||1.6||7.2||1.3|
|3.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||13||0||2.8||0.2||2.6||0.5|
|1.00 teaspoon dried oregano||4||0.1||1||0.6||0.4||0.1|
|0.25 cup sun-dried tomatoes||35||0.4||7.5||1.7||5.9||1.9|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|6.00 cup chicken broth||90||3.1||6.6||0||6.6||9.6|
|6.00 ounce kale||48||0.7||9.5||3.4||6.1||3.2|
|0.75 cup heavy whipping cream||607||64.4||4.9||0||4.9||5.1|
|0.25 cup grated parmesan cheese||108||7.2||1||0||1||9.6|
|2.00 tablespoon fresh parsley||3||0.1||0.5||0.3||0.2||0.2|
|Per Serving (/4)||508||40.2||12.2||1.9||10.2||26|