This chicken and cauliflower dish is a scrumptious and healthy meal that’s perfect for dinner on a busy weeknight or to whip up for a tasty lunch. All you need is a few common ingredients and a good skillet and you’re good to go.
Making this dish is dead simple. All you need to do is coat the chicken in the spices and then place it in your piping-hot skillet. Once browned, add your cauliflower rice and chopped zucchini and cook it through. And that’s it. Mission complete.
Serve the finished dish onto plates and top with some fresh cilantro. If you have any leftovers, this dish makes a great lunch the next day heated back up or you can even freeze a second portion to enjoy another night.
This dish contains lots of healthy lean protein from the chicken, healthy fats from the avocado oil, and a great assortment of vitamins and minerals from the cauliflower and zucchini. There’s also a pinch of turmeric, which is known to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities.
If you’d like to whip up a tasty and healthy keto-friendly dinner in under 20 minutes, give this dish a go. You and the family are going to love it!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Golden Chicken & Rice Skillet
- 400 gram cauliflower, riced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 500 gram ground chicken
- 3 ounce fresh cilantro
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients.
2. Cut the cauliflower into florets and then put it in a food processor until it is the size and consistency of rice.
3. Dice the zucchini.
4. In a frying pan over medium heat, add avocado oil, turmeric powder, cumin powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper. Stir this all together for about 30 seconds.
5. Add in the ground chicken and let cook for 6 – 8 minutes or until the internal temp reaches 165F.
6. Stir in the diced zucchini and let cook for 5 minutes.
7. Add in the riced cauliflower. Stir to combine. Let sit covered on medium heat for 5 – 8 minutes.
8. Garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Golden Chicken & Rice Skillet. Each serving comes out to be 350 calories, 24.9g fat, 5g net carbs, and 25.2g protein.
|400.00 gram cauliflower||92||2||16.4||9.2||7.2||7.2|
|1.00 medium zucchini||33||0.8||5.8||2.2||3.7||2.5|
|0.25 cup avocado oil||482||55||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0|
|1.00 tablespoon turmeric powder||29||0.3||6.2||2.1||4.1||0.9|
|2.00 teaspoon cumin||15||0.9||1.8||0.4||1.4||0.7|
|1.00 teaspoon onion powder||8||0||1.9||0.4||1.5||0.2|
|0.50 teaspoon garlic powder||5||0||1.2||0.1||1||0.3|
|0.50 teaspoon black pepper||3||0||1||0.3||0.4||0.1|
|500.00 gram ground chicken||715||40.5||0||0||0||87.2|
|3.00 ounce fresh cilantro||20||0.4||3.1||2.4||0.7||1.8|
|Per Serving (/4)||350||24.9||9.3||4.3||5||25.2|