Keto almond noatmeal is a breakfast dish that is a great keto-friendly alternative to porridge or other oat-based dishes. It can be served hot and only takes a few minutes to cook. It’s especially great on a cold winter’s morning when you want to jump-start your body and mind for the day ahead.
Making this dish is really simple, and you probably have all of the ingredients in your pantry. All you need to do is use a range of low-carb flours to create your own oatmeal replacement. This can be done by adding ground almond flour with a flaxseed meal to a pot and letting it simmer away with the almond milk and coconut oil.
This creates a rich and creamy dish that can then be spiced up with some cinnamon and/or sweetened with low-carb maple syrup. This dish also includes some pea protein, which is a great natural protein source and will ensure you start your day with plenty of energy.
Once the noatmeal mix is cooked, transfer it to a bowl and top with some freshly cut strawberries. If you don’t have any strawberries or if you prefer another type of berry, you can swap the strawberries for an alternative. Once served, sit down and enjoy your new favorite breakfast meal!
Yields 2 servings of Keto Almond Noatmeal
- 2 teaspoon golden flaxseed meal
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 medium strawberries
- 15 gram pea protein
- 2 tablespoon low-carb maple syrup
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients.
2. In a saucepan, add the golden flaxseed meal, almond flour, and cinnamon. Stir to combine well.
3. Stir in the almond milk in and make sure everything gets combined well. Over low to medium heat, bring this to a simmer.
4. Once simmering, add the maple syrup and coconut oil. Continue stirring this for 3 minutes or until it becomes thick, like oatmeal.
5. Top the oatmeal with sliced strawberries and a dash of cinnamon. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 2 servings of Keto Almond Noatmeal. Each serving comes out to be 364 calories, 30.2g fat, 5.4g net carbs, and 15.8g protein.
|2.00 teaspoon golden flaxseed meal||23||2||1.3||1.2||0.1||0.8|
|1.00 cup unsweetened almond milk||29||2.6||1.2||0.7||0.5||1.2|
|0.75 cup almond flour||486||42||18.5||10.9||7.6||17.6|
|1.00 teaspoon ground cinnamon||6||0||2.1||1.4||0.7||0.1|
|1.00 tablespoon coconut oil||122||13.5||0||0||0||0|
|2.00 medium strawberries||8||0.1||1.8||0.5||1.4||0.2|
|15.00 gram pea protein||53||0.2||1||0.5||0.5||11.7|
|2.00 tablespoon low-carb maple syrup||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/2)||364||30.2||12.9||7.6||5.4||15.8|