Mmmmm, whoever invented the bacon taco shell, I love you.
There are plenty of delicious things you can pile into a bacon taco shell:
- chicken, lettuce and ranch dressing
- scrambled eggs, or an omelet
- actual taco fillings – taco meat (make sure your mix is sugar-free!), lettuce, sour cream, and cheddar cheese
- lettuce and tomato – the ultimate BLT!
- steak, iceberg lettuce and blue cheese – like an inside-out wedge salad
1. Find a big, microwave-safe bowl, and hang five full bacon strips along the side, slightly overlapping them so that they cook together (pardon the messy microwave, bacon grease is messy!) You can also weave them together if you so desire. If the strips are super long, you can use kitchen shears to trim them a bit.
2. Cook the bacon for about four minutes on high and check on them. If you still want to keep cooking, try for another thirty seconds. Watch your shell carefully as it cooks. I tried five full minutes at once and burned them, badly!
3. Let them hang, or carefully place them onto a taco stand once they’re done. As they cool, they will get hard and turn into the “shell” you want. The longer you cook them, the harder the shell will be. Before they cool completely you can also trim them to create a taco shell shape.
4. Fill your shell with your desired ingredients and enjoy!
This recipe first appeared on Wickedstuffed. You can see the original here