Looking for a keto-friendly lunch or dinner with a little bit of spice? Then this chorizo, spinach, and cauliflower rice bowl should go down as a treat. It’s packed full of flavors, is low in carbs, and only takes 15 minutes to cook.
The star of this dish is the chorizo sausage which is a Spanish spicy sausage that is packed full of protein and flavor. When cooked the oils in the sausage are heated up and provide lots of oily goodness to cook the rest of the dish in. The chorizo is complemented with spinach and cauliflower, which both contain lots of healthy vitamins and minerals.
To make this tasty dish, start by making your cauliflower rice. This can be done by blitzing up raw cauliflower into rice-sized pieces. Alternatively, you can purchase pre-made cauliflower rice from your food store. Your meal can then be cooked up in a pan by first cooking the spinach, and then cooking the sausage up with the rice and herbs and spices. Then serve in a bowl.
This dish works great for lunch or dinner. If you have leftovers, they can easily be heated up the next day too. So, go ahead and try this protein-packed chorizo spinach cauliflower rice bowl. You’re going to love it.
Yields 1 serving of Keto Chorizo, Spinach, & Cauliflower Rice Bowl
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounce spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 ounce chorizo sausage
- 100 gram cauliflower rice
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients.
2. Add the olive oil to a frying pan over medium heat. Stir in the spinach.
3. Add in the onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir together until the spinach starts to wilt.
4. Add the spinach into a bowl.
5. Using the same frying pan, add in the chorizo and let cook for 5 – 7 minutes.
6. Add the cauliflower rice to the frying pan. Let the chorizo and cauliflower rice cook for another 4 – 6 minutes or until golden brown in color.
7. Add the chorizo and cauliflower rice to the same bowl as the spinach. Garnish with chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 1 serving of Keto Chorizo, Spinach, & Cauliflower Rice Bowl. Each serving comes out to be 551 calories, 46.6g fat, 6.4g net carbs, and 24.4g protein.
|1.00 tablespoon olive oil||119||13.5||0||0||0||0|
|2.00 ounce spinach||13||0.2||2.1||1.4||0.8||1.7|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.25 teaspoon onion powder||2||0||0.5||0.1||0.4||0.1|
|0.25 teaspoon garlic powder||3||0||0.6||0.1||0.5||0.1|
|0.25 teaspoon paprika||2||0.1||0.3||0.2||0.1||0.1|
|3.00 ounce chorizo sausage||387||32.6||1.6||0||1.6||20.5|
|100.00 gram cauliflower rice||25||0.3||5||2||3||1.9|
|2.00 tablespoon fresh cilantro||0||0||0.1||0.1||0||0|
|Per Serving (/1)||551||46.6||10.1||3.8||6.4||24.4|