Call me a simpleton for posting this, but when I went keto I needed a reminder that pretty much everything on a skewer is fair game. That’s why I’ve been getting totally into chicken kebabs, which is not only great for a dinner but also good to bring for lunch.
If you’re making chicken kebabs, here are a few different ways I’ve made them:
- Add bacon to the skewers and dip them in ranch dressing.
- Slather in pesto and skewer with tomatoes
- Season in lemon pepper seasoning, then skewer with tomatoes and mozzarella
- Pre-cook chicken, cover in buffalo sauce, skewer with carrots/celery and serve with bleu cheese
Marinades (since marinades don’t need to be exact, I usually measure by how much I’m in the mood for each ingredient that day, plus a little common sense like never needing more than a tablespoon or two of lemon juice):
- Feta brine, feta, a dash of lemon juice and rosemary
- Olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, onion powder and garlic powder
- Olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and oregano
- Peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, curry powder and garlic
- Dijon mustard, rosemary
- Olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic and thyme
- Old Bay, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and a little black pepper.
- Olive oil, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper.
Hope this inspired you to start cooking up some chicken skewers but if you have any favorite recipes, link to them in the comments to share with everybody reading. 🙂
This recipe first appeared on Wickedstuffed. You can see the original here